Sunday, July 19, 2009

Maui Bound!

I have been planning this trip to Maui for about 6 months, and am finally going tomorrow! I have also been wanting to get a smaller standup board and I am going to pull the trigger while I am there. My current board is still great, but I want something that I can turn harder, and make more critical drops with. I think I have found the answer! Hopefully there is some swell when I am there. The reports are calling for head high waves, so here's hoping!

Paddle Surf Hawaii's 9'3'' "Ripper"

This board is like a giant blown up short board. When I first started SUP surfing, I thought that it was kinda like long boarding, but this has changed for me. I really have the most fun with trying to really dig in and turn the thing like a shortboard. These "ripper" SUB's are starting gain in popularity. I have never ridden one, so I am thrilled that I will get to rent it first and make sure that I can still stand on it, one, and two that I do like the ride.

I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and give feedback ASAP!

No comments: